Saturday

Last Post (in this Blog anyway)

This Blog was created at the request of BBC Radio 4 Today Programme, and although the original purpose was to provide them with material for the BBC web site, it was good fun to do. It reminded me of many of the details of life that I had forgotten, it made me find some answers to some very old questions (like what was that Dish for?) and best of all, it has enabled me to contact some very old and dear friends.

If you arrived at this point via the BBC web site you will know that there are about a dozen other Today50 Bloggers, and we were rewarded with an invitation to the BBC's own 50th Birthday party. Here are a few of us with John Humphries and James Naughtie.




This photo makes it look like we are the only ones there but in fact there were many hundreds of guests (most a lot more famous than us), and the photo opportunity was snatched in the few seconds that we were allowed John Humphries attention, before he was rudely dragged away by one of the many lobbyists that were taking advantage of the occasion. The hand on my shoulder belongs to the politician on my right. I tried to explain that that sort of thing was not obligatory outside of politics but it didn't seem to make any difference. This whole project has also been a learning experience about the BBC and media relations - not all positive unfortunately, but all of it valuable. I'm glad I did it.

THE END

1 comment:

J.D. Scorpio said...

Hello Matt:
I just tip-toed through your blog, I didn’t read all of it but did look at all the pictures. I particularly liked the picture of the carpenter in diapers……….. Also the one of Evil Conevil. I’m new at this and I really like meeting people from all over the world.
Please feel free to visit my blog and leave a comment if you like……. JD